the peloponnese trail-trophy
Greece – From the 17th to the 24th of Sept. 2022
“In the footsteps of Sparta“
Along the Peloponnese peninsula
We propose a 5-stage Sea and Mountain UltraTrail on the Peloponnese peninsula, located southwest of Athens. Discover the ancient playground of Sparta, rich in history and scenery. This turquoise coloured trip is a surprising adventure with its blue and white postcard villages. We will stay in a beautiful hotel with swimming pool on the island of Poros, connected to the mainland by a 15 minute ferry ride. Our 5 stages take place on the Aderes mountain range, which rises between 700m and 1000m, giving you breathtaking views of the sea.
Run in the footsteps of the first marathon runners, under a blazing sun to develop your skills as you race through mountains, seas and deserts. Follow winding tracks through forests teeming with life, through unsuspected landscapes, and past ancient archaeological sites along the way. A unique stay in a region full of secrets, just waiting to be explored, between stage races, warm encounters, ancestral cultures, and gastronomy rich in history, we promise you amazement and subjugation.
WELCOME to the paths of the first marathoners!
7 days of trip
- 116 km
- in 5 steps
TrailRunning ou Trekking :
- in 5 steps
Your bib adventure in hand
- A 5-day adventure raid in an organised setting with a passionate sporting atmosphere.
- A sporting, cultural and emotional adventure.
- A trail course designed by us for your greatest pleasure.
- The crossing of a striking panorama at the rhythm of your strides.
- A journey to be made either in TrailRunning or Trekking version.
Our Goal – Your Success :
To guarantee you a maximum of pleasure and timeless memories!
To accompany you in the success of this spectacular adventure, thanks to a solid organisation team that is close to its athletes.
To provide you with solid logistics:
The stages are marked out and checked prior to your arrival, with tape that we take care to remove after your passage.
A hotel of very good standing to allow you to recover properly and enjoy yourself.
Refreshments every 8-10 km including: mineral water, solid energy food, fresh fruit etc. (depending on availability)
After being elaborated, the itineraries and routes were checked and adjusted in the field, both by the Nature Extreme Development staff and our Greek correspondents during the month of September 2022.
It is not just a race, it is a journey designed with care and passion.
Choice of courses :
- Trail Course : A 116km course in the form of a timed individual race with classification.
- Trek Course : You also have the possibility of setting off on a gentler 80km, non-timed formula with shorter stages, while retaining the most beautiful landscapes that Greece and its famous Peloponnese peninsula has to offer (from 3.5km/h).
They are given as an indication. They can be modified according to the weather conditions of the moment, technical criteria or the physical condition of the participants. In the last resort, the supervisor remains the sole judge of the programme, which he may adapt or modify for safety reasons.
Peloponnese Ultra Trail, in the footsteps of the first marathoners
5 steps program
D+ 630 D+ 120
D-420 D- 420
Monastère de Kheharitomenis
D+ 630 D+ 120
D- 420 D- 420
D+ 560 D+ 500
D- 560 D- 290
Pelei – Salandi
D+ 410 D+ 360
D- 580 D- 400
Pepli – Ekaterini
D+ 620 D+ 620
D- 620 D- 400
Choose your challenge !
TrailRuning since 5 km/h TrailRuning or Trekking since 3,5 km/h
Departure authorised on the days following a withdrawal
(except for medical contraindication decided by the doctor).
Unforgettable encounters, great moments and a race engraved in your memories, that’s the promise we make to you !
Registration fee : €1 795
8 days and 7 nights stay
- Limited to 50 participants
- Minimum of 20 participants
The price includes :
- Return flights
- Technical supervision by Nature Extreme Development
- Full board accommodation during the whole stay
- All refreshments during the stages
- The various bus transfers
The price doesn’t includes :
- Drinks other than those taken into account by Nature Extreme Development and more generally alcoholic drinks consumed during meals in restaurants.
- Activities or visits other than those included in the programme.
- Cancellation and repatriation insurance.
Stage markings :
The stages are all checked the week before the raid and the markings are made with red and white tape, which we take care to remove after your passage.
The refreshment and control points are announced by signs 1km before and the finish from km 5, every km. Systematic scoring is compulsory at each aid station.
Every 8 km or so. The exact locations will be confirmed at the daily briefing the day before each stage. They include: mineral water (corked bottles), solid energy food (dried fruit, biscuits etc.), fresh fruit depending on availability.
This Ultra Trail requires the participants to be in good physical condition and the stages on tracks for the major part of the course offer a great variety of landscapes and types of terrain: hard and very rolling dirt track, single track, stony track, forest, etc.
Assistance and security vehicles :
A vehicle is on the course for possible interventions, ready to deal with any possible problem.
We create your trips with passion and a taste for challenge.
you will come back with a wealth of adventures.
Accommodation & Meals
The raid we propose in 5 stages in the heart of one of the Greek peninsulas is a star raid starting from a hotel of very good standing. We will let you know the name of the hotel shortly.
- Lunches, dinners and breakfasts :
Lunches will be taken together at the end of the stages and dinner at the hotel. The meals will be copious and of good quality. They will be composed essentially of vegetables, starchy foods, fish and meat, all of which are adapted to sporting efforts. They will be prepared in the hotel where we will be staying as well as in the local restaurants that will welcome us at the end of our stages.
- Special dietary requirements :
Allergies, intolerances…: make sure you take with you the adapted dishes or food, as the accommodations do not always have the possibility to propose a specific kitchen.
You will remember :
- From your footsteps along the Greek vestiges.
- From mystras, the splendid Byzantine city
- From the passage along the Corinth Canal
- Panoramic views of the ocean during your journey.